Dude! Firstly, I must optimize my bandwith a lot to invite spiders come and crawl my site every hours even everyday. Secondly, for Google, you have to go to google webmaster tool and set bot come by hours. Lastly, If you want the bots come fast as normal, you should add new and fresh content because they like fresh meats and they always hungry! My advice is let google's bot come as they optimized in google webmaster tool.
Get your website updated with quality content on REGULAR basis, and submit site-map to Google, create good source of back links, first of all stick to original content.
Your guides are all basic things. I think he already known. He needs the best way Otherwise, sitemap submission is not help too much because you still have the robots.txt in your server. Some urls need to be restricted crawling for bots, so they can't access those urls. Then your site can't get fast crawling.
For fast crawling to your website you have to follow some best On-page activities..i.e..
* Meta Tags
- Title (Should be upto 75 Characters, Put One keyword in your Title)
- Description (Should be upto 150 characters)
* Canonical Tag(For your Changing Url's)
* Alt Tags(For your Image @Keywords)
* Bold Tags(For Sub-titles or Key Points)
* H1, H2...Heading Tags(For your title)
* Deep Link Analysis
* Keyword Density(upto 2% to 5%)
* Keyword Prominence(Place some lookingful)
* Competitor Analysis
* Unique Content
* Internal Linkage
The best way of fast crawling is get your Website updated regularly, and continue with link building efforts. Social Bookmarking, Guest posting, Article Submission are the best ways to indexed your Website regularly.