Hi Everyone,

I'm currently looking to start my own website. Years ago I went to school for Program Analysis and Web Development. I dealt with a lot of C# programming, SQL Database, and your typical HTML and CSS. However right after college I got a job in the IT Field and have been there for 4 years now. I have a side hobby of making my own website, but It was just for fun. Now I'm looking to make my website in to a full website that can (some day in the future) produce some form of income, I don't care if it's $10, I just want to get something out of my work and have others enjoy it.

My site is simply a Gaming News website, sure there's dozens and dozens of them, but this one's mine. I've always wanted to be in the gaming industry, but as weird as it sounds, I'm in my late 20's and I'm far too old to get in it now. So I want to try it on my own, either to build a journalist portfolio or just for the sake of accomplishing a dream, either or works for me.

My main question to anyone who may have contacts within the gaming industry would be, Where exactly should I start? I have an idea of what my site's going to be called, what it's going to look like, and what I'm going to post. What I don't know is the Do's and Don'ts about making a gaming news site. I don't want to post something and then find out I broke some rules somewhere.

My site is currently a blogsite, I'm waiting to purchase the domain and hosting. Before I do any of that, I want to make sure I'm on the right path.

Any information at all would be helpful.

Take it easy!
Thanks