www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Seo question

Hybrid View

Seo question

Hello, everybody! I read that is better to have the url like www.example.com/white-shoes.html then www.example.com/white_shoes.html. But i found this to late and my site is already on server. Can someone tell me please how can i change this without to have erors 404. I deleted 2 files from my site and now, all the time google webmaster tools send my messages that i have 2 erors 404 to those files i've deleted. The site is www.hoteluri-in-bulgaria.ro. I'm a beginer and please give me an advice but with more details to can understand. Thank you!

In all honesty, things like this are a minor part of SEO. The main areas in SEO you should aim to tackle are writing mega ultra high-quality content and obtaining backlinks to as many pages on your site as you can. Backlinks = votes, and votes = attention. Attention = traffic. Search engines follow people, not the other way around.

Work on content and backlinks and forget about this problem. Of course, you could always work on making sure you don't do this in future, but it really isn't that important.

you can use URL Rewrite to solve that problem. on Apache server it is done by .htaccess file configuration

http://www.google.com/search?q=url+rewrite+.htaccess

In my opinion you redirect your page from one destination to other destination.

You should use Redirect 301 method. Matt has announced that few years ago. Here is his blog: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-ad...onicalization/ . Practicing with the rel=canonical tag may help.

Thread Information