Hi everyone,

I'm working on making some changes to an admin site for a client. The previous programmer used Spry Textfield validation, but I'm having to change the validation to work with a text field. Unfortunately, the error for "A value is required" is showing up no matter what I do. The text field is populated by a database initially, and the user has the ability to change the field. The page is working fine, it displays the field from the database, and updates the database as it should. However, the error stating that a value is required never disappears.

I have read the documentation on Spry validation and am unable to figure out why the error won't go away.

Here's the code related to the text field:

Code:
<script src="../SpryAssets/SpryValidationTextField.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="../Assets/SpryValidationTextField.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<span id="sprytextfield2">
			  <label>
			    <input type="text" name="password" id="password" value="<?php echo $password;?>" />
		      </label>
			  <span class="textfieldRequiredMsg">A value is required.</span></span>

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--

var sprytextfield2 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield2", "none");
//-->
</script>
Thanks for anyone who can help!