dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: ReCAPTCHA?

ReCAPTCHA?

I have a client who wants to implement ReCAPTCHA on a form. The entire site is done in HTML, no PHP or any other programming language. I've looked at ReCAPTCHA and I don't see instructions for doing this in a strictly HTML environment. Does it have to be implemented in a PHP page? I'm sure I'll have more questions but I want to start here.

Thanks

You can't implement reCAPTCHA in pure HTML. It requires scripting support both on the page that generates the form and the script that processes the form submission. It's almost certain that the server that hosts your website supports PHP, so you should be able to add this capability if you like. You should even be able to find ready-made scripts available to help you if you don't have experience with PHP. Good luck!

Thanks. I don't have PHP experience but I've seen some code examples I can use. I just have to convince the client that the page name of the form needs to change. I'm pretty sure her host supports PHP.

Thanks again.

reCAPTCHA is a free CAPTCHA service that helps to digitize books, newspapers and old time radio shows. A CAPTCHA is a program that can tell whether its user is a human or a computer. You've probably seen them — colorful images with distorted text at the bottom of Web registration forms.

you can accomplish the goal without renaming your file

ZABI,

How would you do this? With an iframe or something?

not really!

you can URL Rewrite html files to php or you can configure your server to handle html files as php

for more information you can search those terms on net. or feel free to ask me if you need more help.

Can you change the PHP coding of Recaptcha into HTML....
    I m not sure, just a doubt arise so want to clarify here....

NO PHP is a Programming language while HTML is a Markup language. two cannot be replaced with each other. what you can do is to URL rewrite ur pages so that PHP can do the job while maintaining the links that contain .html extentions

Can you try the Google reCaptcha. It is the best one to prevent the spam details.

This documentation is designed for people familiar with HTML forms and server-side processing. But if your client doesn’t need HTML you can't implement reCAPTCHA in pure HTML.

What may be confusing for you and your client is that PHP scripts (software) output HTML to the user's browser. That is, to the user, a page generated by a PHP script is indistinguishable from a plain text HTML file.

Thread Information