www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Problem identifying a variable.

Problem identifying a variable.

I am trying to use a photo gallery that was produced by Lightroom 4 in one of my web pages. Everything works fine except when you click on a large image to return to the page with all the thumbnail images.

I have to tell you the thumbnail page uses a file extension of shtml, and the Javascript is returning to the correct page except it has a file extension of html.

I have traced the problem down to this variable in the Javascript:

var needThumbImgLink = !isFirefoxPat;

Apparently the variable is coming from !isFirefoxPat; but I don't know what this is and doing a search on the internet comes up with nothing.

Can someone tell me how to convert the variable from html to shtml?
    Larry

Question Need more information

I don't believe that !isFirefoxPat is the variable containing anything associated with changing 'html' to 'shtml'.

The ! character is the JS command for 'not'. I suspect that isFirefoxPat is a boolean variable (true or false)
    and that the ! character reverses the logic (from false to true) and that status is assigned to the 'needThumbImgLink' variable (probably also a boolean variable).

Do you have a live link to see what the rest of the code looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by JMRKER View Post
    I don't believe that !isFirefoxPat is the variable containing anything associated with changing 'html' to 'shtml'.

The ! character is the JS command for 'not'. I suspect that isFirefoxPat is a boolean variable (true or false)
    and that the ! character reverses the logic (from false to true) and that status is assigned to the 'needThumbImgLink' variable (probably also a boolean variable).

Do you have a live link to see what the rest of the code looks like?
    Thanks for your help.

I solved my problem by removing the code that loaded an external file into the page, and placing the code directly in the page. This allowed me to change the extension from shtml to html which solved the problem.
    Larry

Thread Information