www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Page has disappeared from Web and will not upload ?

Hybrid View

Page has disappeared from Web and will not upload ?

Hi

I have just done some work to update a page on my site. I connected to my ftp client to upload it and now all I see is a blank (white) page ?!

I have tried deleting the file on the server and re-uploading but still nothing. I notice that on the server side it quotes the file size as 0 bytes........ whereas it is 12kb in reality.

I have uploaded, deleted, re-uploaded but it will not work. If I go to my Dreamweaver page and open the page in my browser I can see it no problem. So it seems that it just will not upload ?

Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks for any help

Make sure you do not have a LOCAL path to your file -- which sometimes happens if you don't establish a root folder in SITE definition and SAVE your docs to that root folder. If you see any file:///_____, delete them. And be sure you have an index.html or index.htm file in you root directory.

Thanks. In fact I have discovered that the problem is related to some pics' I uploaded. It seems that when the pics in question are uploaded they arrive on the server with a file size of 0 ?! After I deleted those files my page was again viewable. Now every time I try and upload the pics' with the exception of 1 of them, the upload bar functions and tells me they have uploaded to 100% but the file size is always 0. This is very curious and I cannot work out what the problem is. They are all .jpg files and I have double checked everything. The other strange thing is that one of them uploads fine but none of the others ?

Cannot figure out what might be happening from just a description. I probably won't be able to help, but giving a link to your site might enlighten some helpful person.

Presume image file formats are either .jpg .png .gif or .svg (don't know SVG myself) and there are NO SPACES in names of images, folders, etc. If there is something your server is doing, that's beyond me.

Thread Information