www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP/MySQL Registration Form to Set Up Public Profile

Threaded View

Red face PHP/MySQL Registration Form to Set Up Public Profile

Hi everyone,

I'm a php and database newbie and I'm trying to find a simple but secure form for the purpose of people setting up a public profile on a site, meaning others need to be able to see the profile page without being logged in. It's not a members site as such. The registration is simply for the purpose of people entering their details to set up their profile page. Registration is free, so no credit card data will be involved. I plan to incorporate captcha. I would like the registration form to include password confirmation (enter it twice). Also, the variables I need on the profile page include a free text area, their telephone number, be able to upload pics, and validation of their url.

I've been googling, but the scripts I've found are either old and involved depracated script or require that a person is logged in to view the profile. I found a script that seems pretty good (from what I can tell based on my limited knowledge) which I found here: http://www.html-form-guide.com/php-f...tion-form.html, but this one required log-in to view the profile. There's probably a way to amend the code to avoid this, but I don't know how.

So, the question is, does anyone know off the top of their head a reasonably secure script that meets my criteria, or am I asking way too much?

Thanks
    Last edited by Webitseo; 10-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Life is short. Be Max.

http://www.webitseo.com

Thread Information