www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Donations VS Votes

Donations VS Votes

Hi, my site allows donators (members) to make donations to charity competitions. The donators can also vote in a poll for each charity competition.

When a user makes a donation to a charity competition, they also have the right to submit one vote.

QUESTION
    I want to change the system, so that the donators can make as many donations as they like to a charity competition but still only have one vote.

My current database looks like this:

id
    charity_comp_id
    member_id
    donation_amount
    vote_status (submitted / not submitted)
    vote_answer

How should i setting this up so that users can submit as many donation as they like per competition but they are still only limited to one vote? Thanks in advance for your help...

Maybe separate votes and donations into 2 different tables?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Couldn't you just allow entries to be added when they donate. The vote_status field could populate with something like "Already voted" and the vote_answer could be null?
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Thread Information