I have a blog that has been dormant for a while. Decided today to finally delve in and figure out the ins and outs of Wordpress and start developing my blog.
When I logged in I saw notices that all the plugins were out of date, so I updated the ones I was interested in using. I activated them, including the Super Cache one. Then I was checking out its website and thought, geez, that's too complicated for me to deal with right now, so I clicked "Deactivate" just to turn it off, and that's when all hell broke loose and my blog disappeared. I am getting this message on all the pages:

define('WP_CACHE', true); //Added by WP-Cache Manager define( 'WPCACHEHOME', '/home/xxx/xxxxx.co.uk/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/' ); //Added by WP-Cache Manager

I did a check on the wordpress forum and didn't find much help. Maybe it's there, buried in millions of messages, I don't know. One guy said this is a critical issue, leaving database exposed to the world, and needs to be sorted out. I changed the password on my database via my webhost, and changed my wordpress password, just in case. I'm thinking I should just delete the blog and start over. I really don't want to do that. But if that's the best way to be safe, then I will.

I'm really peeved iwith Wordpress that there isn't better explanation of the plugins or at least some bloody support. They just direct you to the forums and leave you to your own devices. Pretty poor way to do business. Everyone bangs on about how great blogs are, but I've had nothing but trouble with mine. Maybe I'm just too old and dense for all this technology. But come on, it shouldn't be this difficult. Clicking a plug in in a list that they are shoving in my face should NOT cause armageddon all overy my techno world!

Anyway, I'm in a mess. I don't understand how Wordpress works (obviously) and I need help!!!!
If anyone could give me some advice or help me out, I would be ever so grateful!!

Thanks