www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Converting php page to jsp page

resolved [RESOLVED] Converting php page to jsp page

Hi all=)

I want to know how to convert a php file which has some flash content to a jsp file ?
    basically i want to know how to convert the flash in the php file ?...what is the alternative of flash in jsp....like html, html5 or what ???

actually the flash in the php file is a representation of dynamic information which is being carried out by xml statement .

Please help.Ping me if you need more information.

JSP can produce the exact same html contents that load a flash file or are you asking how to translate a flash element into Java?

No I dont want to keep flash in my new page.I want to remove the flash content and then display the dynamic content in through jsp .

tell me how do I access xml elements through jsp.which all library functions should me included..

I am sorry I am just a beginner ...tell me the syntax

That would depend on your xml, what functionality was being provided by Flash, etc. If it is just a case of displaying different contents depending on variables PHP is perfectly capable to handle that. If there is some sort of animation or partial loading of contents based on user interaction you will need to use AJAX or some other plugin (silverlight, Java applet, etc).

In PHP you can simple_xml to load an xml file.

NO the content is very simple nothing like animation...I have to display just location address of vehicles moving from google maps.I hope for that I dont need AJAX or anything right ?

Now I am gonna create a jsp file and write some code to display the dynamic data carried by xml and I am gonna call this jsp file in another php file.So tell me do I need to include php-java bridge or anything and how do I start the jsp page as in which all java libraries should be included ? syntax etc ?

You can do the same thing in either php or jsp without using the flash element why would you want to call jsp from php to read an xml file?

Is it possible to read the xml and display it dynamically in php without using flash ? I was using jsp because it has increased functionalities because of java ... ?
    But I dont know what to do...
    I will tell you my exact situation :
    there is a platform which shows the movements of vehicles from google maps and shows their location and number plate number.Now this platform is in flash,php and xml but the problem is, its very slow.
    SO I was thinking to convert it in jsp and not use flash so that it becomes little faster ?

Am I heading in the right direction ?

So you are embedding an animation then if you are showing maps. JSP can embed flash or Java applets just like PHP can. You might look into the Google Maps Javascript API if you want to reduce your dependency on Flash. You can read xml files, connect to databases, etc just as easily with PHP or JSP.

http://php.net/manual/en/book.simplexml.php

Ok ok ..I think I understood your point thanks a ton man =)
    Cheers !
    I will post again, i have some problem.
    Thankyou =)

No problem. Glad I could help you clear up the confusion a bit. Don't forget to mark this thread as resolved if your question doesn't still need an answer.

Thread Information