www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Design and asthetics

Design and asthetics

Hi guys, I've been studying web development for a few years and I can confidently program websites without assistance.

I would like to know if there are any guides to 'design' websites around that are useful, or if there's a place I can recruit designers.

I have some difficulties getting the right colour codes, and I would like help in the design area (including art).

How should I go about this?

I've had a little think and I thought I could rephrase my request:

How can I find web designers (specifically 'design', as I'm a developer), and how much should I be paying for simple graphics and help with asthetics?

Hi Terry

I have used sites like Elance, Freelancer and ***** before and they are quite good in connecting with designers. However, you do get what you pay for. Speaking from experience, while you can get work completed cheaply from contractors in India, Pakistan and Indonesia for the most part aren't really up to speed with modern, western design techniques and trends. Depending on what you are after and the level of investment required, it is definitely worth spending the larger amounts of money to get current, quality designs.

You could easily get someone to design the website for you, however you have not mentioned what web tools are you planning to use to design the website.

Thread Information