www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Reliable Cross Browser Tools Suggestions

Question Reliable Cross Browser Tools Suggestions

I was using IE Tester for cross browser compatibility testing but discontinued using it as i found it to be unreliable, since I have started using IE's developer tool which is somewhat similar to Chrome's developer tool (but not as good imo). Just wanted to know what cross browser testing tools other developer/ designers are using and thoughts on IE's developer tool?

I've always used this:
    http://utilu.com/IECollection/
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

IE9 supports the three modes (7 8 and 9) that you need and 98% of the time they mimic the native versions of each mode pretty well. If you're still testing for IE6...well....stop

With regards to IEs developer tools - I didn't realize it had any (sarcasm). Up to IE9 they're absolutely useless so I simply don't use them. I do all my building and debugging in chrome and then check IE in compatibility modes to make sure I haven't left any trailing commas.
    I've switched careers...
    I'm NO LONGER a scientist,
    but now a web developer...
    awesome.

Thanks guys. I discontinued testing for IE6 awhile ago and I am glad to hear otherdevelopers have as well. [YAY NO MORE IE6] lol I also use IE9 Developer Tool however I just want options. While installing Utilu IE Collection I noticed IE7 - 8 were not included in the IE list, what i do like is the firebug extension which i did not know was available for IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrell_B View Post
    I noticed IE7 - 8 were not included in the IE list
    That's odd; they're in my list. I'm using Windows XP.

Like aj_nsc, I too use Chrome for all my debugging. It's so much faster than Firebug in my opinion.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Thread Information