dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Reliable Cross Browser Tools Suggestions

Question Reliable Cross Browser Tools Suggestions

I was using IE Tester for cross browser compatibility testing but discontinued using it as i found it to be unreliable, since I have started using IE's developer tool which is somewhat similar to Chrome's developer tool (but not as good imo). Just wanted to know what cross browser testing tools other developer/ designers are using and thoughts on IE's developer tool?

I've always used this:
    http://utilu.com/IECollection/

IE9 supports the three modes (7 8 and 9) that you need and 98% of the time they mimic the native versions of each mode pretty well. If you're still testing for IE6...well....stop

With regards to IEs developer tools - I didn't realize it had any (sarcasm). Up to IE9 they're absolutely useless so I simply don't use them. I do all my building and debugging in chrome and then check IE in compatibility modes to make sure I haven't left any trailing commas.

Thanks guys. I discontinued testing for IE6 awhile ago and I am glad to hear otherdevelopers have as well. [YAY NO MORE IE6] lol I also use IE9 Developer Tool however I just want options. While installing Utilu IE Collection I noticed IE7 - 8 were not included in the IE list, what i do like is the firebug extension which i did not know was available for IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrell_B View Post
    I noticed IE7 - 8 were not included in the IE list
    That's odd; they're in my list. I'm using Windows XP.

Like aj_nsc, I too use Chrome for all my debugging. It's so much faster than Firebug in my opinion.

Thread Information