www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New Website Launched Looking for Feedback

Hybrid View

New Website Launched Looking for Feedback

Hi, I just launched a new Computer Services website and was looking for some feedback on it.

www.olympiancomputing.com

Thanks,

Kevin Petrella

Terrible.

You didn't bother to hide the fact you stole/edited an online template. "Joomla Templates." on the homepage.

- Headers on the page are unreadable
    - Some of your headers have a pixelated look.
    - Not enough information/ pointless information
    - Screams I set this up to scam people.
    - Your a computing firm not a law firm who I suppose this template is aimed at.

Besides that I can't believe the image you used to display the pricing graphic. Nothing attracts the customers like a big pile of cash.
    Take a look at the market leaders in computer service and management and copy them.

Thanks for the Feedback

Thanks for the feedback, your criticism though really harsh, I can see where your coming from. I'm not trying to scam people I already have a job working for another company as a system administrator, I just was trying to make a little bit of money on the side, so I was trying to entice people with free estimates. And that was a stupid picture with the money but I wasn't sure what to use.

I can design things for people but I can't seem to create a good website for myself, I lack a good basis for a design. With other's websites I made, they knew exactly what they wanted and that helped drive my design for them. I'm not sure what I want to do thats why I tried to use a template to start off. I shouldn't use a Joomla template, I should make the website using Custom coding.

But was there anything good about the website? So I can take anything away from the site when I start creating one from scratch?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback, you might get this twice as I thought I had posted something before but it seemed to not post. I'm not trying to scam anyone, I currently have a job as a system administrator and am trying to make a little money on the side.

But your right I didn't think that the site looked too good but I just wanted a place to start from. I should scrap the joomla template and just write everything in custom code. I agree with the money image too, I didn't really like that but I wasn't sure what image to use.

I'm going to redesign my site, but I was wondering, was there anything good about the site? Is the logo okay or should I re-design that as well?

Thanks!

The entire look of the website needs a redsign. The saving grace is the jquery slide show.

I'd add some info in the footer e.g. contact: sales@olympain.com

Add some pictures on the other pages people are easy to please they don't like reading.

The logo actually goes well with the site on second look.

What really makes me go confused is the parts where you start talking about greek gods.
    Your estimate forms are also good. And replace the cash graphic with some sort of graph graphic (people love graphs).
    It's important people buy into your brand. On a webdesign front your site is more than fine. I have a background in marketing so I tend to look at the design more.

Love the concept of naming your product areas after Greek Gods.

Your CTA's are weak as bulleted text links at the bottom of the pages. You need something bigger ... a nice button for instance.

You need some images to break up the words. Maybe some images of Greek Gods!

Seems like a lot of wasted space to the right of the logo. Maybe instead of making your navigation below the logo, add the navigation to the right. It will thin out the header a little.

Spacing between paragraphs and lists isn't consistent.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Thread Information