www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Definitely a newbie here

Definitely a newbie here

Decided to go back to school at 64, been doing pretty good until I ran into JavaScript. Maybe somebody could give me a help with this following situation?I got the HTML figured out.

Thanks

function findMultiples()
    {
    'use strict';
    var multipleDetect = ' ';
    var startingInteger = parseInt(document.getElementByID('startingInteger').value;
    var endingInteger = parseInt(document.getElementByID('endingInteger').value;

var mpRange = parseInt(document.getElementByID('startingInteger').value;
    for (endingInteger; endingInteger >= startingInteger; --endingInteger)
    if (endingInteger % mpRange == 0)
    {
    multipleDetect += '
    <li>' + 1 + 'is' + mpRange + 'x' + upperBounds / mpRange + '</li>
    document.getElementById ('multipleDetect ').innerHTML = multipleDetect;
    }
    window.onload = init;

Here is a link to the graphic form
    http://http://www.tommypowell.com/multiples.jpg

upperBounds seems not to be defined ? The link is not right ?

How would I define upperbounds?? Hey if it is ok, I'll send you some payment to payppal if you can help me out?

If I could chime in here; please don't pay anyone to solve this minor problem for you. There will be many more to come, much more difficult than this. You'll end up bankrupting yourself!

Now, upperBounds is a variable that must be defined somewhere in your code. Defining a variable is as simple as doing this:

Code:
    var upperBounds = 13;
    Since you don't seem to know how to define a variable, I think it's safe to assume you didn't write the code. Therefore I would ask if there is more to this code than you've posted here? I don't know what upperBounds is supposed to be doing, but looking at the graphic, upperBounds seems to be the number 13. Perhaps simply pasting the above code into your file may work, I can't say.

Please post the entire code.

Just a note. Your link is wrong, it should be: http://www.tommypowell.com/multiples.jpg

Hey George thanks for the response. The issue is that I'm taking an eight week online course at my local college. I was with a tutor yesterday but I only had an hour with him and could not get everything figured out before I left him.The upper Bounds, is most likely not just 13. When you look at the image all those fields have to be filled in with random numbers that produce an unordered list. After working on this all day, I have decided to drop the class, so lets not worry about this.Thanks for the help

You have only to pay 1 000 000 $ now ! Thanks !

It's like a gondola in Venice. Always ask the price and description of the route before proposing to pay !
    Last edited by 007Julien; 10-28-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Thread Information