www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: FTP Error Randomly Occurred - Help Please

FTP Error Randomly Occurred - Help Please

Hi all,

Having a complete nightmare with our FTP at the moment, it has been working fine until yesterday and we cant work out what the problem might be.

When I attempted to connect to our website, we recieve the error message:

An FTP Error has occured - cannot make connection to host.
    Dreamweaver cannot connect to the host "ftp.mywebsitedomain.com" This may be due to one or more of the following reasons:-

A list of reasons - which I've checked for all, and still the error happens.

I've tested the FTP on a seperate ftp service and it connects fine by the looks of it, could someone please offer me some advice as to what to do?

Many Thanks

Nick

I am also ignored that sort of errors.

What sort of server is it hosted on? Is everything else functioning normally?
    Assuming that it's some sort of managed server, have you contacted customer support?
    I tend not to use ftp myself - don't ask me why, I just don't really like it - so I'm not an expert, but as it stands it's a bit of a vague problem.
    Personally I'd probably try doing a port scan of the server with nmap to check that the target ftp port is actually open, although some people regard port scanning as an attack...

Thread Information