Thread: IE problem, JQuery and some other

Hybrid View

IE problem, JQuery and some other

Hey, I've just run into some problem with IE.
    I have a webpage, http://jozsi.hgart.hu, and it's not working in IE.
    I have several problems:
    - The whole look of the page in lte IE 8 is collapsing. What's wrong with it?
    - The background of the #menuslide div should be black but it's transparent. Why?
    - If I hover over .itemholder_logo the #menuslide div slides to the right, it's okay but if I mouseleave the .itemholder_logo, it slides back. In any other browser it slides back only if I leave with my mouse the whole .itemholder_logo and #menuslide divs.
    After it if you go to http://jozsi.hgart.hu/munkaim/1, which is a subpage,
    here the slider just doesn't work, like in any other browser. The images don't fade in and out.

I just can't figure it out and I'm getting really crazy about it.

Could you recommend me some kind of book or something that describes this whole Internet Explorer misery?
    I'm a bit fed up with it, I mean trying to make work my webpages in IE while it works pretty fine in any other browser but I know it's important but I don't know where to find a materieal about it to learn.

Thank you in advance.

Problem is in your Jquery.

If IE8, open developer tools and watch console.
    Look for the errors and go from there. Its normally your missing a ";" or something remedial
    I don't have any of the problems you have just the JavaScript isn't working but I am using IE9.

I'll look into that once i get home and can have a play around. That's strange because according to the plugin homepage, it is compatible with IE6+:

Thread Information