Full Time CMS, PHP, MySQL Developer / Administrator I Opening in Spokane Valley, WA
Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Crystalfontz America is an OEM supplier of LCD and OLED display modules used in embedded systems, rack-mount servers, and other devices throughout the world. Our small 14-year old company in Spokane Valley, WA designs, manufactures, and sells over 400 products including accessories such as touch screens, cables, PC mounting brackets, and demonstration boards. Our most popular LCD module sells at 35,000 units a year
- Excellent compensation and benefits including Simple IRA, health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Opportunities to develop to your fullest potential. You won't be bored.
- A pleasant and satisfying work environment with extremely low employee turnover.
- Reasonable deadlines. No mandatory overtime. Family first.
- No sales required. The company is owned by an electrical engineer and does not have a sales or marketing department. Casual attire.
- No travel greater than 25 miles.
You will be working with our Senior Developer/Administrator III. Our website www.crystalfontz.com is the “heartbeat” of our business and has a significant Internet presence in the LCD industry. Our mission is to quickly provide high quality displays from local stock with full documentation and technical support through our website. On an ongoing basis, we improve our dynamic CMS to better serve our customers' needs.
Tasks include maintaining and improving:
- Web security.
- Online product pages in a fully customizable manner.
- Shopping cart.
- Online billing systems.
- Parametric search.
- Document Control program (custom).
- Create and maintain methods for driving product data from the ERP system into the website.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
You must be comfortable learning new skills, able to quickly learn new programming languages, be driven to seek improvements to e-commerce, and be able to evaluate the positive and negative features of our competitors’ websites. You must react positively to others reviewing your code and be willing to review the code of others.
This is a wonderful opportunity to become a key member of the engineering department which is an integral part of our product expansion and deployment. Our small agile team values employees who are passionate about their work, show initiative, and are willing to “stretch” their brains. Our employees demonstrate a high level of integrity, are reliable, and have a “can do” attitude when confronted with tough problems.
A Computer Science or equivalent B.S. degree from a 4-year program through an accredited university or well-documented experience. References required.
- Minimum of three years work experience.
- Internet security experience is critical.
- Clerical and technical duties involved in securing and maintaining all company digital certificates (SSL, code - Must have proven experience with LAMP. Maintain a base of PHP and MySQL code. Improve and modify as needed.
- Experience with Subversion, Git or other source control.
- Experience with Debian/Ubuntu package systems, APT, pinning, when to use packages and when to compile from source.
- Strong knowledge with HTML and CSS to create websites that adhere to web standards.
- HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience working in a Linux environment including using administrative tools, file permissions, etc.
- Work in a productive and efficient manner. Recognize when you need help and find the right person to do so.
- Ability to see when it makes more sense to purchase a service rather than re-invent it here (for example, automated monitoring, collecting surveys, file storage).
- Respond to after-hours downtime notifications from our network monitors (pertaining to our website).
- Keep up to date documentation of all customized systems.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors for hardware/software purchases, product services and support.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Explain technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Read, interpret, and apply technical instructions.
- Understand VPN, firewall rules, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching, DHCP, DNS, ARP and routing tables.
- Must be able to work comfortably with multi-cultural, multi-language customers, suppliers, and employees. Must be a U.S. citizen fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Have a valid driver’s license, ability to be bonded, and pass a background check.
- Must be dependable and work on site during regular business hours.
- Familiarity with Linux server hardware.
- Familiarity with managed switches.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
HOW TO APPLY:
As we are a small company and do not have a full-time HR person, no walk-ins or calls, please. To apply for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com, as well as any other information that will help us learn more about you. We will send you a personal reply by email or phone you (if you provide a phone number) within 2 business days.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)