Site Review: http://toyota-dealer.org
Hi, please review my site at http://toyota-dealer.org. Please give comments about design and content. I also want to find out my success in Search Engine Optimization. I'm trying to optimize for Toyota Hilux Vigo and Toyota Hilux related searches as Toyota Hilux Vigo, Toyota Hilux Vigo Thailand, Toyota Hilux Vigo Double Cab, Toyota Vigo Smart Cab, Toyota Hilux Single Cab, Toyota Hilux Australia and so on. How successful I'm in doing this. Also my secondary keywords are Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Prado, Toyota RAV-4 and so on.
These days it rare to see a site without any images, for sure if someone is needing and not coming to your site for "sight seeing" then obviously they will be satisfied. How about a couple of widgets, noticed you are not allowing comments too. overall don't worry a thing.
Thanks for the feedback. Plan to add images to the front page soon. What Joomla widgets will you recommend. I don't want to overburden the site so its speed is slowed down.
It looks good to me, I think it is review site..
I think, you can improve by working on readability of text.
The link in orange on the top of the site is hard to read.
Also the grey text on the light-gray background is not very good.
I would also make fonts a little bigger, may be like the size on this forum.
And it's just my opinion, please don't take it personal
well excluding the SEO I think your website is very good but it's missing the header image above your tabs and I also recommend changing your font to arial or something.
Aesthetically, the site has nice colours and layout, however if you want to improve your CRO and SEO, consider these points:
- As mentioned earlier, orange is the wrong colour for your Header. Try #4c4A7B similar to the purple in the centre. It will help balance the page.
- The horizontal navigation #hornav encroaches on the search field.
- The H1 in the main content is squashed; consider a line height of perhaps 1.5%
- You have two H1 on the same page. H1.blog-featured and H1.content. This is not good for SEO. Consider changing H1.content to H2.
- The content is far two lengthy. Paragraphs should never be longer than five lines. In fact, I would consider putting all of the content on another page, using the H1 and H2 text as content and creating a shorter, more meaningful header. See the difference between page one and two.
- I would keep the three widgets but make them a smaller, similar size and link them to another page with more content. Look at the first widget then its "Read more"
- Where is your Contact link? It should be visible whereever you are on the page.
- As far as extra graphics, widgets, pop-ups, pop-downs, pop around the corner - forget it. People are coming to your site to import or export a vehicle, they have enough info to be getting on with.
- <title>2013 2014 Toyota Hilux Vigo and Used 2011 2010 2009 2008 Minor Change Hilux Thailand Australia UK Dubai. Toyota Landcruiser, Prado, Fortuner, Ford Ranger, Nissan Navara 4x4 Pickup Truck SUV Dealer. 2007 2006 2005 2004 Hilux</title> Just doesn't cut it. Too long.
- Consider something like "Jims Autos Worldwide| Toyota Dealer Import Export"
- Use the other to create individual pages eg. "Jims Autos Worldwide|Toyota Landcruiser"
- Make the first sentence of each page descriptive of that page. This is where SE's pick up page descriptions AND is also good for the reader. Let them know what the page holds.
- Do not dilute your chances with too many keywords. One or two keywords per page enhanced with good synonyms and great content.
All in all, I think you have the makings of a very good site. It just needs a little ATD.
Hope you didn't mind, but you did ask...
Thanks for the very detailed feedback. I had given up on this thread and just happened on this thread by chance. I appreciate point by point review. I had switched the template and not sure if you visited the site but since you mention orange I will assume you mean the current template.
The reason I put a lot of content on the first page is that for a while only the home page http://toyota-dealer.org was appearing in SERPs. Only now Google has started paying attention to other pages in the site. So now gradually I will start shiftin content to other pages.
Some of the features like squashing heading, encroaching hornav are buried in CSS somewhere, will have to search for it.
Which three widgets are you referring to: facebook etc? Also which popups?
I realize that Title is too long but it is allowing me to rank this page on those searches and snce for a long while this was the only page that was ranking it had to pull the weight of the whole site.
squashing heading, encroaching hornav are buried in CSS somewhere = nexus.css line 194, change padding-right: 5px
Which three widgets = <h1>Thailand largest car and, <h1>Dubai TOp LHD RHD Dealer, <h1>Australia Top Car SUV Luxur
Also which popups? = Gone. Must have been my browser.
this was the only page that was ranking = Google this site:http://toyota-dealer.org/ and you will see descriptions are similar across all pages. Also notice the descriptions are not relevant to the title, for instance Audi A6 has descriptions for Toyota landcruiser. Your optimization should be for potential visitors because they are the ones who make the click, raising your traffic and, hopefully your conversion rates.
Use Google and there is no space between site:http
So what revenue stream did you add on this site, I didn't see any?
You have take care of your SEO steps very carefully which i noticed its not yet in taken care of, though your site hits on Google indexing.
##The tiltle tags should not be longer than of more than 60 characters long including with spaces, but currently you have 244 with spaces, which is beyond the SEo guidelines....
"2013 2014 Toyota Hilux Vigo and Used 2011 2010 2009 2008 Minor Change Hilux Thailand Australia UK Dubai. Toyota Landcruiser, Prado, Fortuner, Ford Ranger, Nissan Navara 4x4 Pickup Truck SUV Dealer. 2007 2006 2005 2004 Hilux "
## There has no exact "alt" tags to any of your images which is not good for image searching. I think you can try out to make it looks better than you are now, like as it has www.motortrend.com or www.worldcarfans.com
Just catch the steps they were following for their sites and try to adopt some good flash oriented images on the above of your site. I think that would be very attractive for the new visitors.
Thanks for taking time to figure out the css involved. I have fixed the header color and search placement. Since the site is cached it will take some time for css to reflect on the site.
Many pages are empty so this widget gives some temporary text for visitors to hang on until details are placed on the site in the coming weeks.
This is a site for a brick and mortar car dealer and exporter so only revenue stream is one coming from potential customers and not ads.
Originally Posted by ProSence
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread