www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help moving a domain name

Hybrid View

Need help moving a domain name

I am working on a website for a client (friend), currently it is hosted by Bigpond, the bigpond wizard is hopeless, cant do anything, so the client registered a new domain name hosted by Hostmonster, and we build a new website, all good so far.
    We want to now point the old domain name to the new site somehow, I tried a .htaccess file but that did nothing, the Bigpond system is very unusual and doesnt behave as expected. And the old domain name is listed as Locked. There is still 8 months left on the Bigpond contract. (paid for) we dont care if we lose that.
    So My question is...
    Can I simply change the nameserver to the new host and just disregard Bigpond and add the old domain name to the new server?
    Or is there a problem with the locked domain, can we force Bigpond to release the old domain name?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

If you change only name server then it would direct to other hosting server, you have to change it completely you have to upload files to new domain name.

One can move his domain by following these points:
    Unlock the domain from the old registrar
    Confirm the domain transfer with the old registrar
    Confirm the domain transfer with the new registrar
    If you would like to maneuver a website name from one account with U.S. to a different, you're within the right place to induce started it's known as associate Account amendment. If you would like to maneuver a website name to a unique registrar, see Transferring Domain Names to a different Registrar.

After you complete the subsequent steps, we have a tendency to send the owner of the receiving account associate email with directions to substantiate the move. The recipient should make sure the name move among ten days. afterward time, the dealing times out and you need to reinitiate it. For directions on confirming a website name move, see acceptive a website Name into Your Account.

Thread Information