dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Warning: Cannot modify header information

Exclamation Warning: Cannot modify header information

Sometimes my wordpress website throws this error, does anybody have a similar problem... Would it be a problem in the htaccess file?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/95/9830495/html/wp-content/plugins/WP-Client/wp-client.php(22) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(129) : eval()'d code:2) in /home/content/95/9830495/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

My first thought is to make sure your site hasn't been hacked. I don't know enough about the inner workings of Wordpress to be sure, but any repeated use of eval() (or even just any use) smells of someone injecting unfriendly code into your site. Maybe reinstall Wordpress and any plugins, and make sure you add the wordpress firewall 2 plugin or something similar to help prevent attacks -- and of course reset all passwords associated with the site.

Hopefully that's not the issue, but pending someone who knows otherwise adding something here, that would be my approach (unless I really felt like wading through the Wordpress source code to see what it was doing in the files called out in the error message).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

You need to put your header script to the top of the page.
    if the header has already been sent with codes like <!Doctype ... it will be a duplicate

so move it from where it is to the top of the page

ok, thanks guys, I'll have a crack at it.

also, additional information.. it's only when i add www. to the beginning of the URL...

ie.

mywebsite.com (works fine)

www.mywebsite.com (throws error)

Does that still sound like the same error?

Cool

It doesn't happen all the time either.. it seems to correct itself sometimes.

:shrugs:

any more help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

up!

Thread Information