www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: first decent website

Hybrid View

first decent website

this is not a decent website from a professional developers standpoint. rather its a decent website from a 'im a novice' standpoint. its essentially a survivalist website with a zombie apocalypse theme. things arent 100% completed but the majority of it is. im redesigning the site with a responsive design in mind. the last page that still doesnt have a responsive layout is the 'survival test' page. constructive critsicm on code and layout welcome. thanks!

http://www.thezombiesarehere.t15.org

The website is cool. I noticed that 'forum' link does not open a forum and that there is a problem with 'contact' in the menu. Are zombies the hot topic on the WWW?

well i stopped updating the website on this server since im in the process of setting it up on a new paid domain name. the forum link doesnt work because i knew i was going to eventually switch servers and i didnt want to have to worry about getting a small community going just to have to move them all. im not completely done with the website so i dont want to put the website out there until its complete. i still have a few things to take care of such as all the pages link to forum.html which i need to change to link to /forum among several other small tasks. but if you want to check out the forum and tell me what you think i can send you the link. just email me at drodriguez0503@yahoo.com

Checked out the site and I would change the colors of your forum to match your site. I see you already changed the background and so you're well on your way.

yeah ive been playing around with it. im brand new to smf. i have been trying to figure out how to change the colors and some of the images but it seems like alot of work. i have another theme that im working on so when i get it all put together ill switch over to it. thanks for checking it out and for the info.

I'm also new to smf (I mostly use vBulletin), but I would think that you could probably do a search for smf forum styles/themes. vBulletin has an official mod site that contains plugins as well as styles/themes.
    When I first started out customizing my theme I would search for a theme that closely resemble the look and feel I wanted and then tweaked it to my liking. There was a lot of trial and error and to some extend it's still that way, but after a while you'll get better at it and it will become easier. Eventually, you'll not only be able to change colors, but create a new logo and header, even the layout.

Thread Information