www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: html/javascript - how do you tsfr data from a form to and email

html/javascript - how do you tsfr data from a form to and email

HI
    I need to know how to tsfr data from a form to email address, subject heading and the rest into the body of the email. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything to help

You can't create emails with JavaScript. You need server-side scripting like PHP.

how do you tsfr data from a form to and email

Quote Originally Posted by Javaboey View Post
    You can't create emails with JavaScript. You need server-side scripting like PHP.
    Thank you.

I will just have to use html. emailto: for this exercise. But I can't find any instructions on how to do that. ARe you able to tell me please

The problem with relying on mailto: is that only Internet Explorer supports anything more than simply opening the user's Email program with the destination address filled in automatically. To really send mail, you want to use a server-based script. There are thousands of free mail scripts out there, and most of them are very easy to install or modify to suit your needs.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

how to transfer data from a form to an email using html

Thank you very much. I am new to all of this and I am doing a simple exercise where I have to use html.
    I haven't learnt PHP yet and I don't want to use it in this exercise. That is next year.

I know it can be done in html but I can't find anything to help me. I need to be able to open an email
    (once submit is hit) with the subject heading filled in according to an input box and the rest of the input
    data going into the body of the email.

I don't care if it can only be seen in IE, or maybe there is some program you are talking about that can do it by using simple html. My computer and programs are not set up to use PHP yet.

I finally worked out how to tsfr the data into an email, using HTML, and it goes to an email with one input box going into the subject heading and the rest going into the body. It works in IE and Chrome. I have validation working and it tells the user they can't purchase adult books if they are under 18, but I can't work out how to make the cursor go back to the input box to choose Childrens Books. It goes straight to the email when all boxes are completed regardless of age.

I know it can be done in html but I can't find anything to help me. I need to be able to open an email
    (once submit is hit) with the subject heading filled in according to an input box and the rest of the input
    data going into the body of the email.

Thread Information