www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: getting data from form

getting data from form

Hi brothers,
    Hope all of you are in good health and wealth .
    I have made a dummy data base, i am trying to submit data to data_base from a form but it is giving error of "Not Entered" that i have defined using $_GET[] method. I have attached all file of php and a sql file. please check it and help me as soon as possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just taking a brief look at how your code is set up and I think I can point you in the right direction. I personally didn't feel like downloading something to view the sql database or uploading it so I can't look at that part but generally when an sql query fails it's due to an invalid field in your query or the query itself being improperly formatted.

So if I had to take a guess I'd say either one of those fields isn't set up in your database (or is the wrong type) or your query string has an error in it. I don't think breaking it up like that was really the best way to go about it personally. If your database has all of the correct fields and types try:
    PHP Code:
    $qry "INSERT INTO user (firstname, lastname, username, password, email) VALUES ('".$_POST["fn"]."','".$_POST["ln"]."','".$_POST["un"]."','".$_POST["pas"]."','".$_POST["em"]."')"
    "Given billions of tries, could a spilled bottle of ink ever fall into the words of Shakespeare?"

thanks so much brother. its solved now. yes it was query error.

Thread Information