www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which technology to use for creating this

Which technology to use for creating this

Hi,
    I am terribly new into web development. So pardon my ignorance. If you feel like having a good laugh reading my question ... go ahead. Have fun. My question is ..

Pls open this link. http://www.gowristbands.co.uk/order.php

In that you see step 1, step 2, step 3, etc .. . here you can select an option in step 1 and based on that contents in step 2 changes and based on the selection on step 2 contents in step 3 changes. Based on the selections an amount calculator is also cumulatively adding up the amount. I want to create something similar. What technologies should I use. Is it just HTML or is it also jquery and is there something else too. What is this thing called so that I can search on the internet on how to do it.

Thanks.
    B

That site uses JavaScript (including jQuery) to provide the functions you see. It's pretty simple to modify form values in JavaScript, but you have to know how to use it. And every website and form is different and requires some customizing of the scripts involved. You might find some JavaScript tutorials that include form modification scripts that you could customize for your site, but I'd suggest that you consider visiting one of the freelancer websites and see if you can hire it done for a small price. You'll have to have your form laid out so that people will know what you need before you can do that, though.

The file extension says .php
    This means it is a PHP file (also Javascript).
    Dan
    Last edited by drunken_dev; 11-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.. best wishes

Heya this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if phorums use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a phorum soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated! wish you luck

I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily phorumlist. You deserve it my friend wish you luck

Quote Originally Posted by Minna.Aleppo View Post
    Heya this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if phorums use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a phorum soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated! wish you luck
    why don't you **** off and spam another site with your click harvesting.

Thread Information