www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: publish a local web site in online

publish a local web site in online

Hello,

I have designed a web site in my localhost and i want to publish it in online, i have bought a PC and installed windows sever in it, but i don't know how to make my site online using it? should i need to buy a domain ? could you please give me some tips please

thanks in advance

You don't need your own server. Simply use someone like "**********" which offers free web hosting. You'll be giving a web domain name like "www.example.00webhost.com" unless you want to buy a domain name(you can buy them for like 5.00/yr) which then you just have to point the 00webhost servers to it and then people will be able to access your site from "www.example.com". It'll cost you 5.00 a year and the hosting is free. Need anymore help just ask.

To get hosting for only $2.48 - it's a black friday deal that ends 15 hours from today, check my signature.

At other times its only about $3.50
    Last edited by RCoder; 11-23-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Probably the Best Web Hosting you'll find out there.

My web Development shop.

Need web development done? PM me.

For doing SEO of your local website you have to build related sites in the same location so that it would be higher ranking in that location.

Hi,

I have made a web site using XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL. It is running in my local host but i would like to publish it in online. Could you please suggest me any web hosting link/name which i can use to publish my website?

I have already search in Google but since i don't know too much about web hosting service therefore it is difficult for me to choose one. As a result i need your suggestion, could you please suggest me one which is cheaper or even free it would great

thanks in advance

There are two aspects of getting your site online: (1) you need a URL address and (2) you need a server to host your content.

I'm a big fan of http://www.DotEasy.com, which I have used for numerous sites for many years with great satisfaction. For myself and a couple of artist clients -- who do not need server-side scripting nor database -- I use their FREE hosting plan. When you register your URL through DotEasy for about $25.00 for two years, they give you the hosting service FREE.

Some URL register services, like GoDaddy. seem cheap, but when you multiple their hosting service fee x 12 months, you get a better idea of the total cost.

You'd better install some kind of *Nix system, for example, Ubuntu server, It's free. So, you need PC with Ubuntu server installed on It. Software part: Apache, MySQL, PHP. That would be enough. Good luck

If you want to make money from your site then first of all, try to get traffic, if your site is getting traffic then advertisers would contact you for ad placement and you can earn good money as well.

Thread Information