dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Newbie to the forum

Hybrid View

Talking Newbie to the forum

Just like to say a big hello to from a fellow coder.

Prob the messiest code in the world!

Tony

Hello Tonyuk from Tony Au. Just joined up today.

Working a small Visual Basic project and looking for some simple HTML knowledge. Dont need much but a prod in the right direction.

Trying to automaticaly log into my betting account and then switch to the greyhounds and read the start times of the races.

Can logon but cant work out hot to send the comand to goto the greyhound page.

If you interested or know someone who might beable to help out please respond.

Tony .

Hi TonyAU

Not sure if this the right place or if this is any help but for a simple redirect on a html page you could use javascript.
    Stick this where you want on your page.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='javascript'>{ top.location.href='your-greyhound-page.html'; }</script>

Or if you want it to delay the redirect use this instead;

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='javascript'>{ setTimeout("top.location.href='your-greyhound-page.html'",1000);}</script>

(where the 1000 is, change that to how many seconds before redirect, 1000 = 1 second)

If you need it in php let me know.

Thanks for the timely reply Tonyuk.

I didnt state my question in a clear manner.

I am writting some code in visual basic 2010.
    that will log onto a site "https://www.tomwaterhouse.com/" using the web browser function.

**************************************************************************************************** ******************************
    Public Class Form1

Dim flagg As String

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

WebBrowser1.Navigate("https://www.tomwaterhouse.com/")

flagg = "login"

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Next

End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted

If flagg = "login" Then

WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("UserID").SetAttribute("Value", "UserName")

WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("Password").SetAttribute("Value", "MyPassword")

WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("LogonForm").InvokeMember("submit")

End If

flagg = ""

End Sub

**************************************************************************************************** *******************************************

How this will load the page , enter the user name , enter the password and click(submit) the login button.
    But once loged on I wish to click the Greyhounds button.
    Thats where i need some help.

Need sum visual basic code to activate that button.

Thanks TonyAu.

Thread Information