[RESOLVED] Problem starting apache on windows
Hi all, getting the following error:
However line 35 of that file is:
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 35 of C:/Program Files (x86)/Zend/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: ServerRoot must be a valid directory
As you can see, the path to the conf is just a sub-dir away from the server root. So I have no idea why it would say its not a valid directory. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
ServerRoot "C:/Program Files (x86)/Zend/Apache2"
how did you come to this ?
did you change any setting, renamed, moved or deleted something ? or is it a fresh installation
Thanks for looking, sorry I left that information out.
I installed Zend Server CE and tested it, it was working well. Then I opened httpd.conf to uncomment the line that includes the vhost.conf file so I could use sub-domains of localhost (IE app.localhost/ instead of localhost/Projects/Application/public/ ). I've always set up apache this way on linux, however this is the first time I've tried to use ZSCE and apache on windows.
If I move my original httpd.conf file overwriting my changes (which should just be uncommenting that line) it still won't start up. Gives the same error. Another use suggest I redo the path with \ instead of /... tried that and it also did nothing to resolve the issue.
HMmm,,, seems there was some other setting too, which is different on Windows and Linux version. that is causing problem.
now try to replace the original file, or reinstall it again, then modify your http.conf for required changes. hope it will start, also whenever you modify any critical file always make a backup of the working file(s) so that you can avoid this kind of situation.
That's the thing, I did make a back up and restoring it didn't fix the problem. I uninstalled Zend and reinstalled the whole thing, and now I have a new problem but I'll post that on their support forums since it seems to be a zend specific thing.
Just in case you might know though, now when I changed my httpd.conf the changes didn't seem to take. Namely, I changed the document root, and the directory to be D:\wwwroot and it still served out of the <install>\htdocs folder. However when I changed the name of the file, apache was unable to start saying it couldn't find the file. And when I changed it back it started but still serving out of the htdocs folder.
This is why all my servers are Linux but I got a nice windows laptop I'd like to be able to develop on.
Hmm,, thing go crazy sometimes with minor reasons, hope you will find the solution for your problem, i am using WAMP on Windows 7 64bit, also tried to change document root some times, but didn't experience this kind of problem.
Hey zabi, looks like some crazy caching issue with the new light-weight editor I was trying out.
ha ha ha, really crazy thing. but its good to know your problem is solved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)