I have multiple backgrounds with a gradient, and its working for Firefox, Chrome and Safari, with certain media querys for different size screens.

As usual the problem is Internet Explorer. I used to have a conditional stylesheet for IE where I just loaded a single background image, but as far as I know, IE10 wont support < !--If IE--> in my CSS.

Ideally I would like to get the css3 gradient and separate background images working on all browsers but I'v been happy to just use a single background image for all IE browsers until IE10 stopped using conditional style sheets.

I think I need to combine the IE with the moz and webkit background css on the body. But so far I cant get anything to work. Any help would be much appreciated..

CSS in main style.css
Code:
body{
    font:14px 'questrialregular', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    margin:0;
    width:100%;
    color:#797979;

background-image: 
    url(../img/bknd_img1.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img2.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img3.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img4.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img5), -webkit-gradient(radial, 50% 20%, 0, center center, 500, from(#c0deff), to(#509deb));

background-image: 
    url(../img/bknd_img1.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img2.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img3.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img4.png),
    url(../img/bknd_img5.png), -moz-radial-gradient(center center, circle contain, #c0deff, #509deb);

background-attachment:fixed;
    background-position:top right, top left, center bottom,  bottom right,  left bottom;
    background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat, no-repeat, no-repeat, no-repeat;
    background-color:#509deb;
    display:block;}
CSS for IE
Code:
font:14px 'questrialregular', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    margin:0;
    width:100%;
    color:#797979;

background-image: url('img/bknd_full_img.jpg');
    background-attachment:fixed;
    background-position:center top;