Hello All,

Thanks in advance for any support you guys can give me. I currently have an admin area of a site where I display records from the database using PHP and MySQL. The records display fine, and am not having issues with it, however I want to give other admins the ability to edit the records. I'm having issues with the edit.php file. It passes the variable from parents.php properly, but nothing is displayed in the actual edit for. I'm at a loss to see why it isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the edit link code from the parents.php file

PHP Code:
echo '<td><a href="edit3.php?id=' $row['parent_ID'] . '">Edit</a></td>'
This is the link code from the edit.php file.

PHP Code:
<?php

// connect to the database

require_once('config.php');

$db mysql_connect($dbhost$dbuser$dbpassword);
        @
mysql_select_db($dbdatabase$db) or die("Unable to connect to MySQL");

$id $_GET['parent_ID'];

$results mysql_query("SELECT * FROM parents WHERE parent_ID = $id");

$row mysql_fetch_assoc($results);
/* 
 EDIT.PHP
 Allows user to edit specific entry in database
*/

?>
 <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
 <html>
 <head>
 <title>Edit Record</title>
 </head>
 <body>
 <form action="" method="post">
 <input type="hidden" name="parent_ID" value="<?php echo $id?>"/>
 <div>
 <p><strong>ID:</strong> <?php echo $id?></p>
 <strong>Mother:</strong> <input type="text" name="mother" value="<?php echo $mother?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Father:</strong> <input type="text" name="father" value="<?php echo $father?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Mother's Cell:</strong> <input type="text" name="momCell" value="<?php echo $momCell?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Father's Cell:</strong> <input type="text" name="dadCell" value="<?php echo $dadCell?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Mother's Email:</strong> <input type="text" name="momEmail" value="<?php echo $momEmail?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Father's Email:</strong> <input type="text" name="dadEmail" value="<?php echo $dadEmail?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Mother's Work #:</strong> <input type="text" name="momWork" value="<?php echo $momWork?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Father's Work #:</strong> <input type="text" name="dadWork" value="<?php echo $dadWork?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Address:</strong> <input type="text" name="address" value="<?php echo $address?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Apt:</strong> <input type="text" name="address 2" value="<?php echo $add2?>"/><br/>
 <strong>City:</strong> <input type="text" name="city" value="<?php echo $city?>"/><br/>
 <strong>State:</strong> <input type="text" name="state" value="<?php echo $state?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Zip Code:</strong> <input type="text" name="zipCode" value="<?php echo $zipCode?>"/><br/>
 <strong>Form Date:</strong> <input type="text" name="formDate" value="<?php echo $formDate?>"/><br/>
 <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
 </div>
 </form> 
 </body>
 </html>
when I click on the edit link I do get the PHP variable passed on.

PHP Code:
edit.php?id=
Yet nothing is displayed in the edit.php form like it should be. While were at it, how would I submit the record for update? I know I will have to use a mysql_query to do the updating, what I'm wondering is how to link the submit button to the UPDATE SQL query.

Thanks!