dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: bg image is appearing in 2 different div tags

bg image is appearing in 2 different div tags

Hello,

I have a background image that appears in a div tag like it is suppose to, but every since I added another different bg image to a neighboring div tag area, the first bg image is appearing in both.

Initially, I had a CCS3 gradient bg in the neighboring div tag area and everything was fine, but then I switched it out with a graphic image (background-image), and then that is when the problem started appearing.

Has anyone encounter this type of incidence before, if so, then might you offer some assistance or suggestions?

thx

Did you name your divs differently?

Interesting...

Funny you should say that...Both divs have a respective ID name, both have their own related bg image. One is the header div (the one that shouldn't have two bg images in it), and the other one is a right column bg image (the one that should only have the bg image.) Actually, since I am using HTML5, I used a <section> tag instead of a div tag. After reading your response, I changed it to a div tag to see if that would have any kind of an effect. It did not.

Switched it out?

Yes, in the header div, I initially had a CSS3 gradient bg instead of using an image file of a gradient for the background. But then I decided to go back to a traditional method and use an actual image file for the header background instead of a CSS3 gradient effect.

It was strange how everything worked fine when I was using the CSS3 gradient code for the background instead of a image file.

In case you are curious, I finally figured out what the problem was. It was really a bonehead mistake on my part. It wasn't a CSS/HTML issue at all. It was a Psd issue. I forgot to turn off a layer.

Man, do I feel really stupid...

: (

Thread Information