www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Sitemaps

Hybrid View

Sitemaps

There are sites that generate sitemaps for your site.
    If I have google adsense ads, and I have a sitemap generated, won't the ads get included in the map?
    Could Google ban me for creating a simple sitemap?

Sitemap is very important to any site, you must use sitemap for better indexing of your site pages.

Hi,

Sitemaps are of 2 types, one which is to know your Visitors about all your Pages, where you can use Google Adsense snippets, which can help you to get more revenue from your Website. And the other is sitemap.xml file which is generally used by Search Engines to crawl your all pages through it.

So its a good idea to create both these types of Sitemaps.

I don't think so , I think google don't ban you .
    I use sitemap (BWP Google XML Sitemaps) last one year and google index my website fast.

Using sitemap would always give benefit, there is no harm of this.

Sitemaps are an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling. In its simplest form, a Sitemap is an XML file that lists URLs for a site along with additional metadata about each URL (when it was last updated, how often it usually changes, and how important it is, relative to other URLs in the site) so that search engines can more intelligently crawl the site.

Sitemap is a file which contains URLs and some additional information for all public pages or documents of your website. It makes easier Search Engines to read your website pages and index them in their listings.

Thread Information