www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New PHP developer

Hybrid View

Thumbs up New PHP developer

Hi, I am a new PHP developer working as a PHP trainee. Can anyone one help me where to find good tutorial for PHP. I even want to know about various programming platforms of PHP and which one is the best?

Get to know the PHP Manual, it is truly your best friend. I downloaded a copy for use on my development laptop.

As for programming platforms, I assume you are talking about frameworks. Some popular ones are CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Zend and Symfony.

As to which is best, I suggest you try them yourself. When I started PHP back in 2000, there was no framework, so I kind of created one that suits me and still sticks with it. For today PHP world though, you may be better off using one of the framework I mentioned above.

A lot of people seems to use Code Igniter, so you may try that first. You can also check with your employer to see if they use any framework and use that as a starting point. As you progress, you can always try the other frameworks.

Good luck!

Regarding core PHP

I also got guidance from some experienced PHP developers. They suggested me to start with core PHP and then move towards other framework. Is it really necessary to know the core PHP first?

Can anyone provide guidance about how to implement responsive and WPTouch into a PHP website? It helps enabling proper display into mobile devices.

Thread Information