www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: html not running my script

html not running my script

Making a webpage and trying to use java to make the site a bit more managable. I'm new to both languages.
    Here's my java file I'm trying to run

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Comic.js

var Index= 0;

var NumComics = 1;

var ComicArray = new Array(NumComics);

public class Comic {
    public int ComicNumber;
    public String ComicTitle;
    public String ComicDate;
    //constructor
    public Comic(int a, String t, String d)
    {
    ComicNumber = a;
    ComicTitle = t;
    ComicDate = d;
    }
    }

function MakeArrays()
    {
    ComicArray[0] = new Comic(12001, "The Grass is Always Greener", "July 1 2012");
    }

function WriteComicTitle()
    {
    MakeArrays();

System.out.println(ComicArray[Index].ComicTitle);
    }

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the html I'm using to do what needs to be done.

<script type="text/javascript"src="Scripts/Comic.js">WriteComicTitle();</script>

Other then the line above in my html, all the html code works (tables pics etc..) However my java is not running. Here's what I have accounted for already; file paths are all correct, I have gone over the sintax a dozens times. What am I doing wrong here. I'm an experienced c# and c++ if that helps anyone understand why I may be makeing a stupid mistake here. thanks in advance for the help.

Dan

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Scripts/Comic.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">WriteComicTitle();</script>
    Javascript, jQuery / Prototype & PHP expert ready to complete your work on Freelancer.co.uk - Hire Me at https://www.freelancer.co.uk/users/1...&action=hireme

Working

Thanks for the help, I also discovered that part of my problem was that I was using classes wrong.

It looks like you mess java and javascript. Are you sure you know what are you doing at all? You could not insert java sources as scripts in html and javascript have no "classes" like java...

Yeah, Java and Javascript are totally two different things. You may need to figure out their differences first!

Thread Information