1) I have a page on my website on which I have a table. In the table in the first column I have a hyperlink which should create popup windows as follows:
a A popup window which appears on a mouseover - essentially the content of another page whose URL is known.
b On clicking, the content of this popup window is changed to show content of a different page again whose URL is known.
2) If the first column is in the first row, then the mouseover URL, say x is displayed in the popup window.
3) When clicked, the onclick URL in first row, say y is displayed in the popup window.
4) If the first column is in the second row, then the mouseover URL, say a is displayed in the popup window.
5) When clicked the onclick URL in the second row, say b is displayed in the popup window.
6) Finally, in mouseover mode, if the mouse pointer moves off the hyperlink, the popped up window should close.
What I am challenged by is:
1) Mouseover URL is different from the onclick URL.
2) Overcoming popup blockers.
2) Then using the SRC attribute, you can display the content of a webpage.
Important point to remember - some websites have locks on them whereby they have code which detects whether the page is opened in a native manner or in a frame. If there is such a lock on the page you are trying to display, then you will need to research a workaround if it exists. (The page I want to display is on my own website so I do not have such limitations to take care of... if at all, I need to incorporate such locks on my page as well - but that is a different forum / topic!)