dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Doc type change issue in html

Question Doc type change issue in html

Hi,
    I have changed my Doc type of my Html page to <!DOCTYPE html>. Before I was using ( <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> )doc type.

after the doc type change i am facing few problem in the java script behavior(Jquery).

I am used Jquery for creating the Tabs and few tabs inside the parent tabs. The problem is it is working fine in Firefox even after the doc type change but it is not working in IE 6&7 and it is working fine in IE8(Windows 7). But in XP IE8 it is not working.

Actual problem is, when i open the page, all the tabs are getting displayed properly(but it is slow compare to Fire fox). when I click another parent tab and come back to tab one the tabs inside the main tabs are not getting displayed.

kindly suggest me on this.. pleat let me know the behavior of the html and java script after the Doc type changed to <!DOCTYPE html>.

Quote Originally Posted by Agil View Post
    Hi,
    I have changed my Doc type of my Html page to <!DOCTYPE html>. Before I was using ( <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> )doc type.

after the doc type change i am facing few problem in the java script behavior(Jquery).

I have used Jquery for creating the Tabs and few tabs inside the parent tabs. The problem is it is working fine in Firefox even after the doc type change but it is not working in IE 6&7 and it is working fine in IE8(Windows 7). But in XP IE8 it is not working.

Actual problem is, when i open the page, all the tabs are getting displayed properly(but it is slow when compare to Fire fox). when I click another parent tab and come back to tab one the tabs inside the main tabs are not getting displayed.

kindly suggest me on this.. pleat let me know the behavior of the html and java script after the Doc type changed to <!DOCTYPE html>.
    . kindly refer me any HTML 5 tutorial.

Thread Information