dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: onClick Event

onClick Event

Hi Guys

I am not sure how to put the code into this post so i will have to do it direct

I have a little problem here.

Using onClick
    On a checkbox wrapped in a div I have an onClick event in the checkbox which changes it from unChecked to Checked and this works fine and it change the checkbox propertes from

<checkbox id="somename" name="somename" value="somevalue" onClick"callProcedureA"
    to
    <checkbox id="somename" name="somename" value="somevalue" checked="checked" onClick"callProcedureB">

The problem is even though the properties have changed (This can be seen when i view the source) It is not actually live unless I refresh the page

Here is the code used

function changeContentA(id,shtml) {
    if (document.getElementById || document.all) {
    var el = document.getElementById? document.getElementById(id): document.all[id];
    if (el && typeof el.innerHTML != "undefined") el.innerHTML = shtml;
    }
    }
    var msga = "<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"'value'\" id=\"vunbook\" name=\"vunbook\" checked=\"checked\" onClick=changeContentB (\'vadiv',msgb')\" />"

function changeContentb(id,shtml) {
    if (document.getElementById || document.all) {
    var el = document.getElementById? document.getElementById(id): document.all[id];
    if (el && typeof el.innerHTML != "undefined") el.innerHTML = shtml;
    }
    }
    var msgb = "<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"'value'\" id=\"vbook\" name=\"vbook\" onClick=changeContentA (\'vadiv',msga')\" />"

Here is the checkbox before procedure called

<input type="checkbox" onClick="changeContentA('vadiv',msga);" value="'value'" id="vbook'" name="vbook"/>

ad then after

<input type="checkbox" value="'value'" id="vunbook'" name="vunbook" checked="checked" onClick="changeContentb('vadiv',msgb);"/>

So it all works fine. But when you click again it will not change back again.

Any ideas would be greatly apprecoated.

You just want to call one or the other function when the checkbox is ticked or not.

How about:
    <input type="checkbox" onChange="changeContent('vadiv');" value="'value'" id="vbook'" name="vbook"/>

function changeContent(id){
    if(document.getEmelentById('vook').checked=='checked'){
    //what need to be accomplished if box ticked
    }
    else{
    //what need to be accomplished if checkbox is unticked
    }

}

I see no reason to use two functions changeContentA and changeContentB to change the content of the element "vadiv" into another checkbox.

Hi holyhttp
    That makes sense, I will give that a try later today. I think i will also need to include Ajax as when a check box is ticked it will also need to update a value in a box. I am sure there is a Javascript for that one which I have used before. One box is the total and all others will be prices and as they tick certain boxes or remove ticks the total changes.

Many thanks

Thread Information