Retrieving unicode data saved in MySQL with collation ucs2_unicode_ci
I had troubles with saving Sinhalese characters in to MySQL and was able to overcome those by defining MySQL collation as ucs2_unicode_ci . That works fine.
However when data is retrieved and printed on web page, i do only get question marks instead of Sinhalese UNICODE characters. I tried with changing document charset to UCS-2, UTF-16 etc, still the result is same. All UNICODE Sinhalese characters which are hard coded are displayed without an issue. I have trouble with only ones loaded from database.
It would be a great help if you could please suggest me a fix for this.
Here's the info I've collected on the subject (a bit dated, but I think it's still good): http://www.charles-reace.com/blog/20...php-and-mysql/
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
~ Terry Pratchett in Nation
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
(not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)
Thanks for your guidance.
Originally Posted by NogDog
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)