Retrieving unicode data saved in MySQL with collation ucs2_unicode_ci
I had troubles with saving Sinhalese characters in to MySQL and was able to overcome those by defining MySQL collation as ucs2_unicode_ci . That works fine.
However when data is retrieved and printed on web page, i do only get question marks instead of Sinhalese UNICODE characters. I tried with changing document charset to UCS-2, UTF-16 etc, still the result is same. All UNICODE Sinhalese characters which are hard coded are displayed without an issue. I have trouble with only ones loaded from database.
It would be a great help if you could please suggest me a fix for this.
Here's the info I've collected on the subject (a bit dated, but I think it's still good): http://www.charles-reace.com/blog/20...php-and-mysql/
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
~ Terry Pratchett in Nation
Thanks for your guidance.
Originally Posted by NogDog
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)