www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can someone give me a run thru on web advertising?

Can someone give me a run thru on web advertising?

My website is www.muscleandfitnesshealthylifestyles.com and so far I am spending money to get traffic to my site, but not making any sales. How can I improve this?? My ads are in the wrong place? More ads? Different offers? Can someone give me a holiday hand?

The problem is not the adverts; the design of the site is crap:

a) the search box overlays the main header.

b) The aspect ratio is wrong on the main graphic.

c) The quality of the main header and main graphic is poor.

These alone make it look a very amateurish effort. Look at some of your competitors' sites and compare them to yours. The difference should be obvious.

Reply to PM frrom tlaw:

Please do not PM me, or if you must please make it clear which forum and thread the message relates to. I've just wasted ten minutes finding this thread. Anyway, you asked for clarification of what I meant. Most of my post is self-explanatory, except perhaps item b). When I say that the aspect ratio is wrong I mean that the image is stretched either vertically (making the peoples faces thin), or horizontally (making them look fatter than they really are).

If that is not what you were querying, please be more specific. Thanks.

sorry i didnt make it clear as i am still new and learning website development, seo, and advertising.
    i did some changes but i could use some more criticism.

I am getting traffic very little but 0 clicks.

how can i bring up my conversion rate?

what are the best monetizing tools/ideas?
    I currently have a blogspot linked to my webpage, a website, adcenter account, facebook ads, and my website is a wordpress site.

If someone can take the time out of their day to give me a hand I will personally return this act of kindness, regardless of the "mean" criticism, it is criticism not be-nice-advice.

thanks web devs

Many consumers are not likely to purchase from a site that doesn't look "professional" in quality as they don't trust that site to provide the service/product/etc they are looking for. Consumers are more likely to trust sites they are comfortable with (branding can be important even beyond the web in your target market/area/demographic).

All that being said... your site doesn't really have "branding" at all and looks like a standard WordPress out-of-the-box install. If you are really serious about using this as a monetary vehicle I suggest getting with a designer who can work with you to discover your "brand identity" (you can use that to search around and see what that might cost or give you). Once you have a good hold on what your business brand is, then you can work on shaping your site to fit that mold. Trying to do that the other way around is like saying "ready, fire....aim" and the results won't meet the expectations.

i see thanks for that advice!
    i downloaded a nice theme but it didnt match MY theme.
    but isnt it good to have lots of content on the front page/landing page?
    merry xmas eve

The content might've been just fine (I'm not an expert in the field of workouts or fitness, just web development/business analysis these days). Did you construct that theme yourself? If so, you might want to think about adding a couple of more intense colors to the palette to draw away from the airy/bare feeling with all the white. Some structure lines might help to break up the "blank" areas so the content is more easily digestible. These are just suggestions though and a good chat with an art major from a school might help you with finding what your brand identity might be (and stay super cheap since they'll most likely be looking for something to put on their resume).

You can also get traffic from forums, related forums, and traffic from related forums, convert good.

Thread Information