www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: which web developer software is the best?

which web developer software is the best?

for years i have used frontpage to build my websites, i am now realizling that a lot of the hosting companies are no longer offering the extensions for frontpage.

i am considering rebulding my site using dreamweaver, is dreamweaver a good program to use. for years i have been told that frontpage writes terrible code and is not very search engine friendly, is this true? is dreamweaver any better??

any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have used many graphics design software’s in my time, and mostly i have used photoshop, corel draw and illustrator and I recommend photoshop, corel draw and illustrator these are the best graphics design software’s....

Kind Regards,
    Nathan

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Why use a wysiwig editor? Why not use a text editor and view the results in Chrome etc. instead of an emulator?

Dreamweaver isn't much better. It adds redundant code and makes your code messy. Just use a text editor without WYSIWYG. I actually use Dreamweaver for my text editor. I don't use any of the Dreamweaver menus - just straight text, so I know my code is clean.

There is a new editor on the scene from adobe which uses google Chrome browser to live view your site as you code it.

You can also find and locate Brackets via GitHub

Brackets is an open-source editor for web design and development built on top of web technologies such as HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The project was created and is maintained by Adobe, and is released under an MIT License.

Here is a link to the net.tutplus.coms review of brackets A Peek at Brackets

Notepad++ is quite good when working with html / php

I have been using netbeans, Don't know why many doesn't understand it is a powerfull IDE for a web programmer. It is helpful for the HTML development too.

Thread Information