www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Forcing revised pages to refresh

Forcing revised pages to refresh

I'm going to double post this question! Hope that doesnít break any of the rules!

http://www.howtofixsocialsecurity.com
    I just did a revision of a lot of the pages on this site and I noticed that my browser had cached some of the older pages which required me to refresh the pages as I came to them so I could see the new changes. Is there a way to force a browser to reload a new page? This may have occurred on page that I had changed only a few minutes before and changed again! Does the browser cache only work off of the date of the file, not the date and time?

I also posted this in site review, hope I didnít break a forum rule with that!

There are ways to force a refresh, but it is generally not a good idea. It depends upon how frequently the users access your site? It also depends upon the server settings, but the pages will often expire daily anyway. So developing can give you a misleading view.

Thanks jedaisoul, it was probably due to the frequent tweaking of the data on the pages, which for me caused multiple changes to the same on-line pages in a single day.

Thread Information