Thread: Text Bottom Border

Hybrid View

Text Bottom Border

Hi guys. Im trying to code this simple text with border but i'm not that good and ...

I'm trying to get text with 1-2px bottom border but when i try i get border on a full page .

I will be happy if someone help me.Thx.

border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
    Apply that to whatever element you need. Also, change the color/size/style as needed.

To expand on Javaboey's answer so you may be able to understand a bit better, if the text in question is a paragraph, in your stylesheet you would just add some style to paragraphs with a certain class (the colour needs to be amended to the hex colour you need)
    p.white-underline {
      border-bottom: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
    In your HTML:
    HTML Code:
    <p class="white-underline">I am a line of text</p>
    However, if you want to just add a border to a word (or several words) in a paragraph of text then you would set up a class
    .white-underline {
      border-bottom: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
    And then in your HTML wrap a span around each word you want to have the border applied to:
    HTML Code:
    <p>I am a <span class="white-underline">line</span> of <span class="white-underline">text</span></p>
    Also, with using just a class you can apply it to any element in your HTML, so maybe you have an un-ordered list and you want one of the list items to be underlined:
    HTML Code:
      <li>Item 1</li>
      <li class="white-underline">Item 2</li>
      <li>Item 3</li>
    I hope this helps clarify things for you.

Thread Information