www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need "Lightbox" or "Greybox" Code That Actually Works

Hybrid View

Need "Lightbox" or "Greybox" Code That Actually Works

Hello everyone. I'm not an expert in Jquery at all. I have a very basic understanding. I'm trying to add a lightbox or greybox effect on my site which is being created in the Zend Framework. I've tried - to no avail - many different examples and ALLL of them have had core jquery file errors.

I need to be able to include form fields in this lightbox/greybox and have full customization control over it without the code being a big hassle. Can someone please come to the rescue on this one? This issue has been two weeks in the making. Thanks

There exists a REMOTE possibility that it is not the code but the implementation that is at fault. Maybe you could show some of your failed attempts?

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I wanted to try a few more attempts first within the framework itself. In doing that, I discovered that there is something wrong with a call within the Zend framework. So I have to go "outside" of the framework to solve this. Which thus gives me more support in terms of community involvement.

With that being said, I went to this link for my latest attempt: https://github.com/krewenki/jquery-lightbox

I followed the instructions step-by-step. Since I'm working on the site locally, I'm going to have to post the html code here instead of linking you to the site.

My <head> looks like this:

Code:
    <link media="screen" type="text/css" href="/js/jquery/css/dark-hive/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.css" rel="stylesheet">
    <script src="/js/jquery/js/jquery-1.8.3.js" type="text/javascript">
    <script src="/js/jquery/js/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.min.js" type="screen">
    <script src="/js/jquery/js/jquery.lightbox.js" type="screen">
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="/css/lightbox.css">
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="/css/latestnews-styles.css">
    And based on the instructions, all I need to do is include a
    Code:
    class="lightbox"
    in an anchor tag. From what I see, the jquery code will look for the href attribute and it's value will be displayed in the lightbox.

I tried an image "value.gif" first and it didn't work. Then I tried an actual page (which is the ultimate goal). The page is a subform. My goal is to create a signup form with a lightbox effect. So far..no good.

Thread Information