www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webdeveloper threads being hijacked!!!!

Here's a screenshot of my latest post, if that will help.
    http://www.jwgmg.com/NaijaFinder.png

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there Brad,

I think complaints about naijafinder.com could possibly be sent here...

Source Information:-
    1. http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...aijafinder.com
    2. http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...199.188.200.66
    3. http://www.namecheap.com/

coothead

Exclamation

I am Moderator on --[[ url removed by admin. sorry, no additional SEO juice love to be given from us ]]-- to I just Noticed you discussing about Naijafinder here. And i just wish to attend to the Webdeloper.com webmaster request. It maybe be you sent us an email but we did not noticed your message.

To show concern regarding your content, your rss feed has been removed from Naijafinder and your content will no longer be posted on Naijafinder.com.

Regards and wish you best of luck.
    Onelove

We used the feedback mechanisms on your site as well as posted on your site. I'd say it isn't good that you didn't notice.

Please also remove all previously posted content.

You should note that what your site is doing (even if pulling from RSS feeds) goes way beyond fair use and well into the area of copyright violations. You might want to rethink your business model and consider syndication licensing or something else that doesn't violate copyright or other laws.

Edit: I'll add, someone on your site was aware of the issue. They removed the post I put on your site.

Quote Originally Posted by Naijafinder View Post
    I am Moderator on www.naijafinder.com.. I just Noticed you discussing about Naijafinder here. And i just wish to attend to the Webdeloper.com webmaster request. It maybe be you sent us an email but we did not noticed your message.

To show concern regarding your content, your rss feed has been removed from Naijafinder and your content will no longer be posted on Naijafinder.com.

Regards and wish you best of luck.
    Onelove

Hey everyone - I was told that they have cleaned up their site to no longer have our posts.

Brad!

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there Brad,

well done, you seem to have stopped the miscreants, as far as this site is concerned.

I see that they are still stealing from "htmlforums.com", though.

Perhaps you will let them have the magical method that you employed.

coothead

It was a combination of the guys running that site getting messages on their site as well as seeing the posts here. There were also a few messages.

I believe the guys operating that site have made a bad assumption. They seem to believe that because content is provided via RSS feeds, that they are free to use it any way hey want. In reality, you can't use someone's RSS feeds to then turn around and post all their content in a way that competes or replicates what the content owners do. That goes beyond Fair Use. Each site they are stomping on will need to simply keep communicating to them. At some point, someone will file legal action and possibly force the site down. Legal action is simply hard when you are doing multiple countries.

Brad, I'm Pegasus, on HTMLForums.com. Thanks for the info on how to get rid of these leaches. I'll be posting both on the site and sending them emails on a regular basis then. <sigh> I *hate* being a pest like that, but if they're not going to listen the first time...

Looks like they're going to leave HTMLForums alone, too. This is a good thing. Thanks for the help.

Peg

Please do not report violations on sites that are not associated to WebDeveloper.com on this thread. Such post that contain links to third party sites will be considered spam (as in backlink spamming) and thus will be removed.

If you think a site is associated, you can PM a mod or admin here or email me.

(( I deleted a few posts from this thread already. ))

Thanks,

Brad!
    admin

Thread Information