www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I made a website that shows you a random classic movie, and I need some advice

Hybrid View

I made a website that shows you a random classic movie, and I need some advice

Hi,

So I made a website that shows you a random classic movie. But I'm a developer, not a designer, so the layout isen't what it should be.

So I want your opinion on some things.

url: http://www.aclassicmovie.com

Some people said they feel the website is to busy, specially with the background change, what do you think ?

Some people also said the video is to small, and the filtering takes up to much space, how do you guys feel about it ?

Any other suggestions are more then welcome!

Spedax

I love it!!!!

I am a film buff, so I spent a lot of time watching the trailers. I really like what you did with the background image. Great!!

One thing that was a little unclear is how the sliding bar works. At first, I thought it meant that all the movies came from the "single" year on the left. Then I quickly figured out that the movies come from all the years in the blue region (a range). It might be helpful to have an instructional hint somewhere near the bar, maybe above it. You could put the text: "Time range" or something like that to make it more clear.

Overall, I really like the site.

Another suggestion I have would be to have an "auto" mode for the trailers, so users don't have to keep pressing the button to get another one.

And I didn't like how the trailers would automatically change every time I changed a genre selection (checked or unchecked a checkbox). Sometimes I was watching an interesting trailer and selecting (or deselecting) a genre at the same time and feeling upset that a different trailer was now being loaded in place of the current one. I didn't want that to happen and there was no way to stop it.

One error I noticed is that sometimes the music didn't match the trailer. For example, one time I was watching the trailer the Empire Strikes Back while the theme music for the Shawshank Redemption was playing!!

Thread Information