www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Make the FAQ a little more obvious?

Make the FAQ a little more obvious?

I was just thinking about this. It isn't very obvious that we have a FAQ here to most people. Of course, we do, WebDevFAQs.com. By making it a little more obvious, such as making a link to it on the main page or making a sticky about it or something should cut down on the number of duplicate threads asking the same questions over and over. For example, can you even count how many threads there are on "how can I make a secure JavaScript password protected page?", or what about the other infamous "how can I read query string values with JavaScript?" , and quite possibly the most requested "how can I get form information e-mailed to me?" — the list goes on.
    Last edited by fredmv; 02-05-2004 at 04:21 PM.

I was thinking this same thing recently and I was even thinking about adding a FAQ section in my sig with links to needed articles.

I "third" that. I love the current sticky in the javascript forum
    Absence of a result is a result, unless defined otherwise.

And I also nominate just about all of my links in my sig as answers to where newbies should go for more info.

Originally posted by spufi
    And I also nominate just about all of my links in my sig as answers to where newbies should go for more info.
    AHAHAHA! LMAO! That just tickled me the right way and I cracked up!
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

I agree, there should be like a global sticky to webdevfaqs.com at the top of every board.

However, I would like it explaining in layman terms how webdevfaqs.com is officially affiliated with internet.com and Jupitermedia Corporation.

Originally posted by Robert Wellock
    However, I would like it explaining in layman terms how webdevfaqs.com is officially affiliated with internet.com and Jupitermedia Corporation.
    I've actually thought of that too, I guess that's probably the reason it isn't...

Correct. It isn't...

It just happens to be run by the moderators from the forum... And owned by Pyro... And hosted by Pyro...

What more can I say?
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

In other words it is as I expected the Frobozz Electric Corp. has greater representative links and that is why there is no sticky.

I think the posting guidelines should be a sticky also, their location is not very obvious.

Thread Information