www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Runtime Error

Angry Runtime Error

Ok, here the situation: I have a page that has a save button on it in production. When activated in the page I get this error: Please see attached. This is a strange error in the fact that it does not really give a error but tell you you cant see the error message.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    GDawkins

Do what it says :P. Put the lines of code in your web.config that turn custom errors off. Then it will give you a normal error message. Also make sure at the top of your page you have
    <%@ page debug="true" %>

Red face <%@ page debug="true" %>

Changed the customerror to off. But when I put "<%@ page debug="true" %>" at the top of the page I get the RUNTIME error and it would even allow me to get to the login page of my application. I had to take it out. I did insert it into the mainpage when in the application and it works fine. The main application page hold the 9 tabs.
    GDawkins

you had a runtime error before I told you to put that code in. When you do that, it just tells you what your error is. With the debugging you can see whats wrong, without it you cannot.

Unhappy runtime

That's correct I had the error Once I'm into the application. The error comeup from the main page of the application. Its a button that bring up this error. (SAVE) It also appears on some other tabs. That leads me to beleive it's a change that will have globlal effects on the application. If I leave <%@ page debug="true" %> into the webconfig file I cant even login. Once this is corrected it will correct a number of those type of things hopefully.
    GDawkins

ahhhhhh, now I see the problem.
    <%@ page debug="true" %>
    does not go inside of the web.config, that custom errors stuff does, but
    <%@ page debug="true" %>
    goes at the top of your page.
    You should already have
    <%@ page %> at the top of all of your pages, so just slide in that attribute.

Thread Information