dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for the best dating software for a new site, any suggestions?

I am looking for the best dating software for a new site, any suggestions?

I am looking for the best dating software for a new site, any suggestions?

Does anyone know skadate dating software?
    I have read some good reviews and some bad reviews to this software.
    But the reviews are from 2010 - 2011.
    Therefore, I would like to know if there are some who know about it works now?
    If there are still problems with their software?

I often come across this one as I quote websites. If you're looking to compete with a Match.com then get your Angel and VC investors lined up. It's likely you'll need to plan with strategy in mind. If you're building a small community it depends on what kind of dating website you're creating. For Example, a dating website for a people of a belief or ethnicity has specific requirements vs. a site that is open to everyone (with more detailed search abilities requirements).

First I would ask, who are you building the website for?
    What do you want your users to do besides find a compatible match, in other words what's going to make your dating site different?
    Are you going to charge people for access?

SkaDate is the best dating specific software for many reasons (e.g. most mature, out-of-box features, up front cost, etc.), alternatively you could use a community software like JomSocial (Joomla) software to replicate many of the core features of a dating software. From my experience, most of these softwares a) aren't built in a way that will help you be competitive because there are literally thousand other that are doing the same thing.

I'll be brutally honest, this is not a unique idea, you will need to build something that means you need to come up with a dating website concept that isn't already programmed. In other words, custom build it yourself or have someone else build it. Build it and Brand it. You're not just building a dating website, but most likely a dating business.

Thanks for the reply.

To begin with, I would just say I'm working with SEO and have done so for many years.
    One day at work I bet with a koliga if I could get a website up on page 1 of Google. Now the site be on page 1 for several months and I can sure well get the very top of Google with slightly more SEO.
    My problem is I do not have an investable for a dating site.
    There is myself and my Kolega, we have a little money in the bank, but not enough to build a site from scratch.

Therefore, I would like to find the best dating software on the market that do not make mistakes.
    Or is slow or old days.
    Search words website is well on Google is dating.
    Therefore, the dating site must be open to all.

Quote Originally Posted by doggydish View Post
    SkaDate is the best dating specific software for many reasons (e.g. most mature, out-of-box features, up front cost, etc.), alternatively you could use a community software like JomSocial (Joomla) software to replicate many of the core features of a dating software. From my experience, most of these softwares a) aren't built in a way that will help you be competitive because there are literally thousand other that are doing the same thing.
    Have you tried using SkaDate?
    Do you know some dating sites use SkaDate?
    The dating sites that I can find on SkaDate seems like some they have posted on their side, but that does not really have IRL uses.

My problem is that SkaDate looks super cool out and can many things.
    But I have read some bad reviews.
    Therefore, I would like to hear from some who have tried them or know about them.
    They have the advantage that it does not cost much money to get started with them.
    But if their system does not work, it does not help that it's cheap.

I Googled-> dating site software reviews

And found this:
    http://datingsoftwarereviewer.com/

It lists out 25 different softwares.. Have to say I was a whole bunch shocked to see that many... Didn't think there'd be that much of a market for it.

BUT, it'd help your cause here if you listed out what You consider to be a good software... You could compare your thoughts to some of the software you've reviewed and point out what you'd like better.

Keep in mind - you're going to have to find someone that's already been down this road before to get much in the way of feedback.

@frisor
    Since you're doing this for SEO purposes, then i believe you're making a better case why you don't want a pre-built software. The caveot, is if this is a separate site to the one your building. It's my understanding that using the same code base when developing for SEO purposes means that your dating site will contain 90% of the code you can find on any other instance of that dating software. It's unlikely these are a robust templating system since these softwares are usually built for the features, not as a complete dating software platform.

For dating software features, SkaDate is the best one i found. Its the one everyone uses, so of course you're going to have good and bad reviews. My point is, these softwares are generally never going to be as good as something custom built. If you're willing to sacrifice code quality, then this is a good route to get the features you need with a minimal investment.

From my few conversations with their sales, which also seems to be in india, they are very responsive in the sales cycle. That is enough of a plus to give it a try here. The other dating softwares didn't really have this part together, or it's all web based.

@steve
    I've been down this road with my clients many time. And for this reason I usually won't take their money if it involves building a dating site with template software. Most of these softwares are created by some team in india. they generally aren't built using latest PHP modeling standards. if it was up to me, all these applications would be built in Joomla or similar. That way I know they are using the MVC model.

Everyone wants to be the next Match, Friendster, eHarmony. There is big money here.

What I am shocked, not to discourage anyone from building, is that people take these mediocre approaches, slap down $2K to build a new business. In the real world, businesses don't get started for that kind of money. To build a real business it takes time/money and a business strategy.

Thnx @doggydish for this appreciative and inspirational thought about business thinking and i feel the same about your quotes too - "To build a real business it takes time/money and a business strategy. "

If you are that good with SEO why bother to go in dating? I have build a site once since I thought I could do so much better than the thousands of dating site which there already out there and ended up with a 20.000 loss....or more )

It is not that easy!

Quote Originally Posted by frisor View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

To begin with, I would just say I'm working with SEO and have done so for many years.
    One day at work I bet with a koliga if I could get a website up on page 1 of Google. Now the site be on page 1 for several months and I can sure well get the very top of Google with slightly more SEO.
    My problem is I do not have an investable for a dating site.
    There is myself and my Kolega, we have a little money in the bank, but not enough to build a site from scratch.

Therefore, I would like to find the best dating software on the market that do not make mistakes.
    Or is slow or old days.
    Search words website is well on Google is dating.
    Therefore, the dating site must be open to all.

Have you tried using SkaDate?
    Do you know some dating sites use SkaDate?
    The dating sites that I can find on SkaDate seems like some they have posted on their side, but that does not really have IRL uses.

Therefore, I would like to hear from some who have tried them or know about them.
    They have the advantage that it does not cost much money to get started with them.
    But if their system does not work, it does not help that it's cheap.

Does anyone know datingpro.com? good / bad?

Does anyone know datingpro.com? good / bad?
    This would really be a good idea, as it seems to be ready-made software.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWebmaster View Post
    As far as features are conserned this is the richest one http://chameleon.startsocialnetwork.com/demo.htm
    Also they have the unique design service: http://chameleondesign.net/
    Be careful of the above Chameleon software. It's the same Russian scammer that started abk-soft.com. He is notorious for ripping people off and posting negative comments about other providers. He's got a lot of people looking for him.

Read this:

http://www.skadate.com/black_pr_response.php
    http://www.skadate.com/blog/choosing...e-reviews.html

I have been allowed to test Datingpro software now for some weeks.
    That way I can see if there are errors in the software.
    It works actually quite well I think.
    But there are some who know some dating sites that run on their software?

Thanks for the link. Super

Hello,
    Good dating software:
    Try E-Meeting (http://datingscripts.co.uk) there are many functions in, and you get good support.
    I speak from experience.
    If there is a problem then Robert will try everything to solve it for you.

Thread Information